Title: Junior Merchandiser
Reports to: Managing Director
Base: London E10
Salary: Negotiable – based on experience
This full-time position is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding online retailer as Junior Merchandiser. Responsibilities will include all issues relating to planning, forecasting, supply chain, logistics and management of all stock throughout the business.
Working closely with the Managing Director, Buying team and Supply Chain Manager you will lead on the analysis of all current, and forecasting of all future stock levels.
You will be responsible for building the Merchandising function as the business grows.
- Highly analytical – well organized with a real understanding of the importance of detail and accuracy of information.
- Proven understanding of the cycles in the retail fashion calendar.
- Strong mathematical and Excel skills.
- Passionate with a “can-do” attitude.
- Self-starter with a disciplined approach to problem solving.
Planning and Forecasting:
- Research and implementation of best practice for planning, analysis and inventory management.
- Management of budgets and OTB.
- Forecasting seasonal product mix based on finance targets and new business initiatives.
- Work within cash-flow forecasts and manage WSSI accordingly.
- Lead on replenishment, and manage Flow lines.
Warehouse and Logistics:
- On-going analysis of warehouse performance with particular focus on stock intake.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager to identify improved efficiencies in fulfilment process.
- Implement Supplier Manual including shipping procedures and Ts & Cs of trade.
- Analysis of seasonal data, identifying trends and patterns in sales. Building, analyzing and communication of sales reports and data for all areas of the business for the short, mid and longer term as well as overall market performance.
- Ongoing analysis of margin and sell-through by style, supplier and product category.
- Overall profitability of the retail business.
- Achievement of budget and margin expectations.
- Maximising full-price sell-through.
- Minimising cost of mark-down.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Merchandising dept of a “blue-chip” ecommerce or multi-channel retailer.
- Advanced Excel skills and numerical ability.
- Highly organized, with an ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Employment Type: Full-time